EHLatifee.com is just not a regular news publisher, but, it is a total service provider with the ultimate in-depth analysis on any topic taken. It goes to the root before publishing any news or update on any topic.
Primarily, EHLatifee.com covers the news, updates, research works, commentaries, columns, etc. on the World Economy, Social Changes and Disruptions, Sustainable Development, Regional and Bilateral Cooperation, Industrial Revolution and many more.
About Enamul Hafiz Latifee
A young Economist and Columnist who has immense interests in researching topics related to Development Economics, Political Economy, Foreign Policy, Comparative Politics, International Trade Laws and Regulations, Country and Industrial Competitiveness, Tariff, Non-Tariff and Para-Tariff Barriers. My current project is to evaluate the business performance of Bangladeshi ICT Firms.
Researchgate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Enamul_Hafiz_Latifee
Linkedin Profile: https://bd.linkedin.com/in/enamulhafizlatifee
Professional Job Experience
- Deputy Secretary (Research Associate), Trade Facilitation Department and SME Development Department, Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI), from 01 July 2018 to present.
- Member, Linkage Formation Platform (LFP) under the “Project for Promoting Investment and Enhancing Industrial Competitiveness”, a major project of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in Bangladesh, regularly monitored by The Prime Minister’s Office of Bangladesh.
- Focal Point from DCCI, Bangladesh Trade Portal, Bangladesh Regional Connectivity Project-1, WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh.
- Dealing Officer, DCCI Special Committee on 4th Industrial Revolution and Innovation 2020.
- Dealing Officer, DCCI Standing Committee on Country Competitiveness 2019, 2020.
- Dealing Officer, DCCI Standing Committee on Blue Economy 2020.
- Dealing Officer, DCCI Standing Committee on Economic Diplomacy and Trade Facilitation 2020.
- Quality Management Representative of DCCI for ISO 9001:2015.
- Analyzing the world market trends.
- Analyzing regional and bilateral trade agreements.
- Coordinating international trade relevant studies, identification of international trade opportunities for Bangladeshi and Foreigner owned businesses, etc.
- Advocating and negotiating over policies and strategies at national and international levels.
- Program Manager, Market Development, Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS), from 15 February 2017 to 30 June 2018.
- Technical and Resource Lead, Cash Incentive on ICT Sector Export Earnings.
- Publication and Tech Session Coordinator, BASIS SoftExpo 2018.
- Communication and Coordination Lead, Asia Pacific ICT Alliance (APICTA) Awards 2017.
- Officer-in-Charge, BASIS Standing Committee on Research and Publication.
- Officer-in-Charge, BASIS Standing Committee on International Market Development.
- Coordinate different market development programs in different non-government market segments including corporate houses, SMEs, NGOs, etc., and international expos, roadshows, roundtables, seminars, etc.
- Carry market research and survey for identifying market potentials of the software
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders, i.e., Export Promotion Bureau, ICT Business Promotion Council, etc.
- Plan, develop, and recommend strategies for operational management relating to business development for BASIS members.
- Conduct research on different international markets and prepare a periodical
- Forecast higher scope and difficulty including policy shift of evolving government-corporate regulations and likely impact on the business environment, patterns of trade and investment climate.
- Inquire about business invitations from different countries, credibility analysis with observation.
- Senior Assistant Secretary, iART, Research and Development Cell, Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA), from 16 August 2015 to 11 February 2017.
- Project Inclusion: Senior Assistant Secretary, Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP) of BKMEA.
- Research work on trade, openness, competitiveness, private sector development, tax policy and tax administration, fiscal policy, monetary management, interest rate, and exchange rate policies and World Trade Organization (WTO) related issues.
- Get involved in all project-related activities as and when required.
- Conduct research using econometric methods/tools.
- Provide necessary support in policy-making sessions/processes in national and international forums.
- Maintain liaison with other stakeholders, government bodies, High Commissions, Embassies and development partners.
- Analyze primary data using MS Excel/SPSS/STATA/R/EViews.
- Play an active role in encouraging knowledge and information sharing, contributing to different policy-making processes of BKMEA.
- Organize indoor and outdoor workshops and seminars.
- R Language– Data input, analysis, and graphical illustration.
- STATA – Data input, analysis and graphical presentation in this Statistical Software Package
- SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences) – Data input and data analysis.
- Others –Microsoft Office and Windows Movie Maker.
- Post-Graduation program (2):
MSS in Industrial Relations and Labour Studies
Institute of Social Welfare and Research, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): 3.56 (on a scale of 4.00)
- Post-Graduation program (1):
Master of Social Science (MSS) in Economics
Department of Economics, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): 3.41 (on a scale of 4.00)
- Graduation program:
Bachelor of Social Science (Honors) in Economics
Department of Economics, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): 3.59 (on a scale of 4.00)
Training Certificate Earned
- COVID-19: Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response, held on 21 March 2020 by World Health Organization.
- The WTO and LDC Graduation, held on 11 March to 12 March 2020, organized by World Trade Organization, Geneva and WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka.
- ICC Workshop on The Incoterms® 2020 Rules: Practices, Changes, Operations and Business Impact Analysis, held on 08 March 2020, organized by International Chamber of Commerce Bangladesh.
- Training on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, held on 21 January to 22 January 2020, organized by WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka.
- Training on Notification & Trade Policy Review of the WTO: Transparency Mechanism, held on 13 January to 14 January 2019, organized by WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka.
- Training on Sanitary & Phytosanitary and Technical Barriers to Trade Agreement, held on 13 November to 15 November 2018, organized by WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka.
- Training on Multilateral Trading System, held on 2 October to 4 October 2018, organized by WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka.
- Working with Foreign Trade Representative, held on 7 June to 18 June 2017, organized by International Trade Centre SME Trade Academy.
- Training Workshop on Enhancing the Contribution of Preferential Trade Agreements to Inclusive and Equitable Trade: Case of Bangladesh, held on 28 March to 29 March 2017, organized by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Training Program on Project Management and Planning, held on 12 May to 14 May 2016, organized by Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA).
- Training on Time Series Analysis using R, held from 1 April to 4 April 2015, implemented by the Department of Economics, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology.
- Adobe Photoshop Training, held from 7 November to 10 November 2012, conducted by Total Experts Solution.
- S. Office Training, held from 7 November to 10 November 2012, organized by Total Experts Solution.
- Received Merit Scholarship depending on the attained Grade Point Average (GPA) in 2nd year from the authority of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
Paper Presentation in Conference
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S., 2017. Performance Assessment of the ICT Industry of Bangladesh: A Firm-level study. Conference on Growth with Equity: Bangladesh, Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation, 09 January, Organized by, Dhaka School of Economics.
Book/ Research Article Publications (Published)
- Hossian, M. S., Kabir, R., and Latifee, E. H., 2019. Export Competitiveness of Bangladesh Readymade Garments Sector. International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), 8(3), 45-63. https://doi.org/10.20525/ijrbs.v8i3.205. Cited in 3 International Journal Papers.
- Latifee, E. H., and Hira, S. S., 2017. The ICT Industry White Paper of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Association of Software & Information Services. Available online at, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317401155_The_ICT_Industry_White_Paper_of_Bangladesh ; DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.34796.97920. Cited in 1 USAID’s Country Private Sector Assessment Publication of June 2019.
- Kabir, R. and Latifee, E. H., 2015. Handbook for Ready-Made Garments Investors to Bangladesh. EuroBang Fashion. Available online at http://www.eurobang-fashion.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/HANDBOOK_BANGLADESH1.2.pdf; DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.2860.7761, The Netherlands.
- Chakrabarty, S. and Latifee, E. H., 2014. Consequences of Internet Usage among Students of the First Specialized Public Science and Technology University of Bangladesh: a Survey. ADRRI Journal, 4(2): 149-172. Available online at http://journals.adrri.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/10.pdf, Ghana. Cited in 3 International Journal Papers.
Selected Article Publications
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2020. Covid-19 pandemic: Choosing between job and entrepreneurship. The Business Standard (Bangladesh). Available at, https://tbsnews.net/thoughts/covid-19-pandemic-choosing-between-job-and-entrepreneurship-122680
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2020. Switching between job and entrepreneurship. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available at, https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/views/views/switching-between-job-and-entrepreneurship-1597335788
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2020. Corona crisis can be a best opportunity to start own business. The Daily Observer (Bangladesh). Available online at, https://www.observerbd.com/news.php?id=269275
- Latifee, E. H., 2020. Fighting the COVID-19 in BD: Public health perspective. The Daily Observer (Bangladesh). Available online at, https://www.observerbd.com/details.php?id=252248
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2019. Elevating India-Bangladesh economic fraternity. The Daily Observer (Bangladesh). Available online at, https://www.observerbd.com/details.php?id=213517
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2019. Forging stronger Indo-Bangla economic ties. The Independent (Bangladesh). Available online at, http://m.theindependentbd.com/printversion/details/212209
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2019. Strengthening Bangladesh-India economic collaboration. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available online at, https://today.thefinancialexpress.com.bd/views-reviews/strengthening-bangladesh-india-economic-collaboration-1566136345
- Latifee, E. H., 2019. Bangladesh and Vietnam: Towards a shared future. The Daily Observer (Bangladesh). Available online at, https://www.observerbd.com/details.php?id=212589
- Latifee, E. H., and Hossain, S, 2018. ICT industry thriving, needs reform. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available online at, https://www.thefinancialexpress.com.bd/views/views/ict-industry-thriving-needs-reform-1521044586
- Hossain, S., and Latifee, E. H., 2017. Harvesting rainwater. The Independent (Bangladesh). Available online at, http://www.theindependentbd.com/home/printnews/121252
- Hossain, S., and Latifee, E. H., 2017. Readymade garment industries going green. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available online at, http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2017/08/06/79126/Readymade-garment-industries-going-green. Cited in 3 International Journal Papers.
- Latifee, E. H., 2016. Bangladesh RMG’s achievements from APTA. Bangladesh Textile Today, 9(8), ISSN 1999-2076. Available online at, http://www.textiletoday.com.bd/bangladesh-rmgs-achievements-from-apta/. Cited in 1 ILO Working Paper.
- Latifee, E. H., 2016. RMG sector towards a thriving future. The Daily Star (Bangladesh). Available online at http://www.thedailystar.net/supplements/25th-anniversary-special-part-2/rmg-sector-towards-thriving-future-210886. Cited in 10 International Journal Papers.
- Latifee, E. H., 2016. Bangladesh ready-made garments industry: Towards a buoyant sustainable future. Bangladesh Apparel Views. Available online at http://www.apparelviews.com/bangladesh/apparel-views.aspx?mid=5086.
- Latifee, E. H., 2015. Interest (Riba): A blessing or nuisance to humanity? Muslim Mirror (India). Available online at http://muslimmirror.com/eng/interest-riba-a-blessing-or-nuisance-to-humanity/.
- Latifee, E. H., 2014. Tourism economics, pollution & social business. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available online at http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2014/08/16/50624. Cited in 2 International Journal Paper.
- Latifee, E. H., 2013. Social business: A new window of poverty alleviation. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available online at http://www.thefinancialexpressbd.com/old/index.php?ref=MjBfMDZfMzBfMTNfMV8yN18xNzQ2ODk%3D.Cited in 3 International Journal Papers.
- Latifee, E. H., 2012. Bangladesh: Economy gaining in strength. The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Available online at http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/old/index.php?ref=MjBfMTBfMzFfMTJfMV82XzE0ODM4Nw%3D%3D.
- Continuously conducting fundraising campaigns to resolve local poverty issues (information regarding last campaign can be accessed at this link, http://prothom-aloblog.com/posts/52/201089).
- Ex-Vice President of Tourist Club, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (full list of the board member is available at http://www.touristclubsust.org/board-member-2011-12).
- Founder Director of (one of six) of DreamZ Event Management, a professional organization that manages all kinds of events, i.e., concerts, seminars, conferences, wedding ceremonies etc.
- Founder Director (one of five) of Eflexibd, a web portal that is dedicated to recharging mobile using the network of any operator existing in Bangladesh (link of the web portal is, http://www.eflexibd.com).
- Engaged with blogging since 2010 (can be accessed at http://www.ehlatifee.blogspot.com).
- Played the role of ramp and brand model for many brands at national and international levels from 2008 to 2014.
- Participated in and triumphed at several Intra-university contests and have an enormous interest in social welfare activities, studying scriptures of various religions, watching movies and anchoring any program.
Other Research Experiences
- Worked as Research Assistant under the supervision of Mr. Mohammad MasudAlam, Associate Professor, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology; from January 2014 to December 2014, in a project of Bangladesh Govt. entitled, ‘Social Safety Nets and Productive Outcomes on Poverty Alleviation in Haor Areas: Evidence and Implications for Future Plan.’
- Worked as data collector, inputted, analyzed and interpreted those under the supervision of Nazmunnessa Bakth, Associate Professor, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology in an academic research project entitled, ‘An Insight to the Socio-Economic Impact of Rural Electrification Program in Sylhet’.
Participation at selected Seminar/Conference/Meeting attended as DCCI Delegate
Being a delegate of DCCI, have participated in the following selected events till to the date,
- Preparatory Meeting on the BIMSTEC FTA Framework Agreement, Ministry of Industry, 12 November 2018.
- Preparatory Meeting on Participating in the 2nd OIC Regional Investment Forum, BIDA, 31 October 2018.
- 2nd Workshop for Policy Development on FDI driven linkage formation by JICA and BIDA, 16 October,
- Consultations on Addressing Trade Remedial Measures for Export Products by BUILD, 15 October to 17 October,
- Preparatory Meeting on Intergovernmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technical Cooperation between Bangladesh and Russian Federation by Export-5, Ministry of Commerce, 11 October,
- Meeting of the Working Group for Service Sector Export by WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, 02 October,
- Meeting on the 1st Daft of Identification on Non-Tariff Barriers faced by Bangladesh in Exporting Potential Exportable Products in Major Export Markets by WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, 12 August,
Participation at selected Seminar/Conference/Meeting attended as BASIS Delegate
Being a delegate of BASIS, have participated in the following selected events till to the date,
- Meeting on the ‘Graduation of Bangladesh from LDC: Challenges and Opportunities’by ICT Division, 15 February,
- Meeting of the Export Policy Monitoring Committee on Export Policy 2015-18 Implementation and Progress by Ministry of Commerce, Bangladesh Government, 11 December 2017.
- Project Implementation Committee (PIC) 11h Meeting of Leveraging Information and Communication Technology (LICT) for Growth, Employment and Governance Project; organized by LICT Project, 20 December,
- Tripartite Consultative Council Meeting on Labour Law 2006 Amendment; organized by Ministry of Labour and Employment, 10-12 August,
- Debriefing on BASIS re-benchmarking- Netherlands Trust Fund III; organized by Netherlands Embassy Bangladesh, 14 June,
- Meeting for Stakeholder Consultation on IT/ITES/Hi-Tech Policy and Roadmap for BHTPA; held by Bangladesh Hi-Tech Park Authority (BHTPA), 30 April,
- Preparatory Meeting on Opportunities for investment and cooperation in Bangladesh; arranged by ICT Division, 27 April,
- Project Implementation Committee (PIC) 10th Meeting of Leveraging Information and Communication Technology (LICT) for Growth, Employment and Governance Project; organized by LICT Project, 24 April,
- Inter-ministerial Meeting of Digital Sylhet City Project; held by ICT Division, 19 April,
- Meeting with British High Commission on the Trade & Investment Opportunities; arranged by British High Commission, 17 April,
- Project Steering Committee(PSC) 7th Meeting of LICT for Growth, Employment and Governance Project; organized by LICT Project, 3 April,
Participation at selected Seminar/Conference/Meeting attended as BKMEA Delegate
Being a delegate of BKMEA, have attended following selected events during 2015-2016,
- Analysis on Skills Levels of Furniture Sector of Bangladesh; organized by National Skills Development Council, 23 October,
- Inter-ministerial Meeting related to D-8 Charter Ratification; arranged by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh, 6 October,
- Public lecture on ‘The Growth Equity Nexus in Bangladesh’ by Professor S R Osmani, University of Ulster, the United Kingdom (UK); organized jointly by International Growth Centre (IGC) Bangladesh and Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC), 16 August,
- 3rd Meeting on “Initiating Branding Strategy and Policy in Bangladesh Export”; arranged by Export Promotion Bureau (EPB)- Bangladesh, 9 August,
- 6th Meeting of the National Single Window Working Group (NSW-WG); called by National Board of Revenue, 3 August,
- Seminar on “RMG industries of Bangladesh: Trade, Industrial Relations and Workers’ Rights”; arranged by American Institute of Bangladesh Studies (AIBS), 31 July,
- Discussion within Drafting Committee on “Branding in Export: Background and Scope of Bangladesh”; held by Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), 18 July,
- Meeting on APTA- National List of Concession; organized by Bangladesh Tariff Commission (BTC), 27 June 2016.
- Study Dissemination Conference on “Remediation Financing in Bangladesh’s Ready-Made Garment Sector: An Overview”; jointly organized by International Finance Corporation (IFC) and International Labour Organization (ILO), 20 June,
- 2nd Steering Committee (PSC) Meeting on the Project of “Raising Transparency in Textile & Garments Value Chains”; held by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale (GIZ), 16 June,
- Meeting on Sustainable use of Power and Energy in RMG Industry with Pricewaterhouse Cooper-India; held in BKMEA, 8 June,
- Meeting on Product List Offer from Bangladesh to Myanmar for Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA); organized by BTC, 2 June,
- Seminar on Regional Trade Development in Textiles & Garments in SAARC countries: Opportunities and Challenges; hosted by Small & Medium Enterprise Foundation, 24 May,
- National Single Window Working Group 5th Meeting; hosted by National Bureau of Revenue, 18 May,
- Validation discussion on Governance of International Supply Chains towards Sustainable and Inclusive Garment Industry; jointly hosted by Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting LLC and Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), 4 May,
- Seminar on Stitches to Riches?: Apparel Employment, Trade and Economic Development in South Asia; jointly hosted by The World Bank (WB) and Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), 2 May,
- Workshop on Traceability in the supply chain of RMG Sector; hosted by GIZ, 4 April,
- Pre-budget Meeting with Prominent Economists; hosted by National Bureau of Revenue, Bangladesh, 27 March,
- Dinner in Honour of Latin American Ambassador/ High Commissioner/ CDA; hosted by BKMEA in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh at Pan Pacific Sonargaon, Dhaka, 7 March,
- Fair Pricing Issue: Primary Dialogue between BKMEA and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands to Bangladesh; organized by BKMEA, 4 February 2016.
- Bangladesh-China Relations: 40 Years of Partnership; organized by Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS), 26 January 2016.
- The US-Bangladesh Relationship: Working Together on Global Issue; organized by Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS), 13 December 2015.
- Youth Dialogue 2015; organized by Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 28 November 2015.
- Bangladesh Development Forum 2015; organized by Economic Relations Division (ERD), 15-16 November 2015.
- International Conference on Energy Security in South Asia Plus: Relevance of Japanese Experience; organized by Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS) in collaboration with Japan Foundation, 28-29 October 2015.
- First Bangladesh Resilience Dialogue of Private Sector; jointly organized by Business Initiative Leading Development (BUILD), United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (UNESCAP), Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), 7-8 October 2015.
- Bangladesh and the Emerging Plurilateral Trading Arrangements; organized by Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS), with the support of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 16 September 2015.
- 3rd Front of Bangladesh’s Export Destination: Russia & other CIS Countries; organized by the CIS-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CISBCCI) in collaboration with the Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute (BFTI) and the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI), 12 September 2015.
- Meet up with The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL-India); organized byBKMEA, 6 September 2015.
- Geographical Indication of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 2013: Significance of GI, Implementation Challenges and Needed Initiatives; jointly organized by Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute (BFTI) and Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI), 20 August 2015.